Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Easter on the Farm...Garden Kit

Here is my "Garden Kit". I just love this kit! It is so fun to work with. I got more excited as I was doing this lo because I started thinking of several different ways to use it. I just might have to do another layout:)





The kit comes with one sunflower vine, 2 ladybugs, 5 pebbles, 6 inches of fence, 6 inches of faux moss on a fine wire backing, a 1 inch bumble bee and three extra sunflowers.



I painted the fence black with MM paints and adhered it with Zotos. The sunflowers come flat so I took the top layer of the petals and folded them up and crinkled them up to bring the flower to life.I used Tacky glue on the moss. The bee comes with legs but I took them off so the bee would lay flatter and the ladybugs have an adhesive backing. All other embellishments I used Zotos.



The corners are punched with Fiskars border punch and i inked all the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz Distressing ink Vintage Photo to give it that old look. And of course I had to give the ladybug and bee flight tails! I LOVE making them and they finished off the layout perfectly by using a black marker.



This picture was taken when I was about 5 years old. We celebrated Easter at my Mimi and Papa's farm in Waterford where my mom and I grew up. The paper is Daisy D's. I have held on to this paper for the longest time wanting to do another layout with them. This is not the last you will see of it though, I still have other pieces from the series.







Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones