Thursday, June 7, 2012

Never Forget

I was my local floral supply store and there was a wedding table display with champagne, mauve and soft lime green colors. I feel in love with the table and the colors and was inspired to create a layout using the same color scheme. So here is what I came up with.




The script paper is MME, the leaf paper is from Joann's stock. Flowers are Recollection from Michael's as is the ribbon. The butterflies are K&Company.





I wanted the streamer from the bow to appear as though it was flowing behind the paper and coming out on the side. So after making the bow I tucked the end of the streamer under the paper and adhered it with a touch of Alene's Tacky glue.



Taking another piece of ribbon I repeated the tucking of the end under the paper. The ribbon has wired and makes it much nicer to be able to give character with all the little folds and flowing motions. I attached the ribbon with tacky glue in areas I wanted to keep some puff and finished off by attaching it again with Alene's tacky glue.



For the white distressed look on the black background paper I used white paint and a stiff paint brush. The brush is approx. 1" wide. After loading a small amount of paint to the brush I than began taking most of it off by brushing it back and forth across a scrap piece of paper. You want to take most of the paint of the brush so when you start to brush your cardstock you get an uneven weathered look. You can do as much or as little as you like.

This layout I wanted a little more white showing so after I got the initial distressed look I wanted, I then went back over the centers of some of the distressed spots and added a little more white. Try it, it's a fun technique and adds a wonderful rustic look to your layouts.








Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones