Thursday, July 2, 2009

Willow Branch Vine

This is a layout I did with my new Willow Branch Vine I have in my Etsy shop. I fell in love with the soft paper of the flower and knew I need to make a vine. As I was making the vine I thought to make a beach/ocean theme layout and then this layout popped into my head. So I started gathering items that you would find on the beach.

Although I have never been to Martha's Vineyard I dream of one day visiting there. The pictures I have seen inspired this layout. I love the fence which is make out of real tree branches/twigs.


I used my finger to smear tacky glue on the bottom of the page and then sprinkled sand on top, let dry for a few minutes and then lightly shook off the excess sand. Then I used Stickles, Crystal, to make the sparkles on top of the page. I put a small amount on my finger and smeared it lightly across the paper until I like the amount I had on there. Then I used Turquoise and did the same process but used much less, just enough to give it the blue effect. I adhered the grasses, shells and fishing net with glue dots and the fence with tacky glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones